Roller shutter garage doors

Ray Von

Seen a lot of ads on FB advertising roller garage doors for about 8-900 quid, any one had one replace a up and over door. 

With summer coming and having the mx5, just fancy a automatic electric door for ease of use (and I don't fancy painting the current effort.)

Looking for someone who had one done for a reasonable price for the quality. 

It was a good few years ago now, but when I was living in Lincolnshire I had a Gliderol roller door fitted (with electrics and remote). 12' or 13' wide, it was about £600 back then.

I was delighted with it.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ssray said:

We have one from roller door in norwich 

DIY fitted, was not hard at all

I think it was about£550

https://rollerdor.net/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GMB&utm_campaign=Rollerdor GMB Listing

Mine were also from Rollerdor. I've broken one a couple of times, but they're extremely helpful and have good spares back-up. Good value too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Timbo S2 said:

Mine were also from Rollerdor. I've broken one a couple of times, but they're extremely helpful and have good spares back-up. Good value too.

I think I should have gone for the better insulated one though, we went for the basic one

• Like 1

I’ve got two Gliderol doors, fitted about a year ago. Went for the upgraded ones. Insulated and the narrower slats so they roll a bit tighter. They are also powered with remotes which makes me a pretty big deal around here….

Cost me about £2000 fitted but well worth the money as its much more secure and the garage is much warmer too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ssray said:

We have one from roller door in norwich 

DIY fitted, was not hard at all

I think it was about£550

https://rollerdor.net/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GMB&utm_campaign=Rollerdor GMB Listing

Cheers brother, £50 OK for you to come and fit it, all the tea and biscuits you can eat? 

• Like 1

I had some fitted when i moved into my new pad.
The entry level electric roller shutter doors are good compared to up and over, but pay a little more they are thicker, better motors and remote control units and secure by design.
Also when putting in power for them, either make the fused spur above the false ceiling if applicable or try and make the power socket out of sight, then put a smart plug inline so you can isolate the power to the shutters from your phone / tablet if required

other smart security tips available lol 

• Like 2