Details of how to Crowdfund PB-Evo.com

johnnymack63

PB-Evo.com is the legacy of a motorcycle forum that was once funded by the publishing company which owned Performance Bikes magazine. It's been going for a long time, long enough for a genuine community of motorcyclists to form, and which was going to be switched off when the magazine was shut by the publisher.

The community that formed on the forum has as well as being a source of huge knowledge and passion for motorcycles, has seen births, deaths and marriages over the years of its members, not to mention the small matter of being the home of "The Longest Day Challenge" - an annual charity motorcycle ride that has raised £1/4million for Cancer Research UK in the past decade.

Now privately owned by long time contributor to Performance Bikes Magazine John McAvoy, the forum has had to find a way to stand on it's own two feet without cluttering itself up with dozens of adverts and losing one of its main appeals. Deals have been done with affiliate partners and a range of merchandise produced which just about pays the bills, and after a lot of requests from members of the forum to add a crowdfunding page so straight donations can be made, here it is !

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/pb-evo

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Donated - thanks Johnny, it’s nice to know there is a way to donate cash to keeping this place going…. and a modest target too, we should be able to smash that in no time… come on chaps… what what!

• Like 1

This should be interesting. All those who said they would pay to use the forum should be falling over themselves to chip in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, chocyboy said:

This should be interesting. All those who said they would pay to use the forum should be falling over themselves to chip in. 

fallen, appropriately. Not on a sword though. 

Did I ever tell you all that I don’t like to talk about all the charity work do?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dawnrazor said:

and a modest target too, we should be able to smash that in no time… come on chaps… what what!

I set the target for one years rent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jollygiant said:

So I’m guessing those that donate are now untouchable by the ‘MODS’🤔🤷‍♂️😂

So, the thing is the names on the crowdfunding page appear as your real names and I don’t know the real names of any/most of the forum names, so sadly this perk that you’re suggesting would be impossible to apply……

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

So, the thing is the names on the crowdfunding page appear as your real names and I don’t know the real names of any/most of the forum names, so sadly this perk that you’re suggesting would be impossible to apply……

Looking at the list of folk that have donated, only those bright enough to use forum names should get special privileges 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, couchcommando said:

Looking at the list of folk that have donated, only those bright enough to use forum names should get special privileges 🤣🤣

I can't see any "bright" members names on there?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EXUPDEL said:

Will anything over that be put behind the bar at the Xmas party?

Wait, what there's a party, have I been missing out ?😁

47 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

How many 'Jolly Giants' do you know?

16 minutes ago, EXUPDEL said:

Will anything over that be put behind the bar at the Xmas party?

I gather that as soon as the target is hit, the page closes.

Sorry.

19 minutes ago, weeksy said:

The only reason I put some in was so you don't fold, I've got enough idiots of my own without having this lot too.

<mass exodus to weeksy's forum>:ph34r:

Done.

Fair play, in fairness. 👍

Happy to support. Nothing could pay me for the enjoyment and support I get here.

Who the fuck else would listen to me?

I said, who the fuck... Ah, nevermind. 

• Haha 6