Harris clip ons leg clamp height

sev

Harris clip ons..  does anyone have any?

I’m after a measurement, the height of the leg clamp to be precise.

Im trying to find something with a height of 25mm or as close to.

ta muchly.

Yes, I've got a couple of sets, I'll measure them tomorrow morning.  I would say they are well over 25mm from memory.

Abm multiclip and bkg 3d are a lot fatter. But I had Gilles GP lights, from memory they where pretty svelte.

Going by their rearsets, Harris probably go for strong over light.

Ta muchly.

I’ve got some ses ones, so not a problem.

I’m pissing around with bars on the superlight you see.

I’m swapping forks over and they’re a bit tight under the yokes before it flares for the bottom yoke diameter.

the forks Im using are 10mm longer than the stock forks, and recommended six rings showing above the yokes.

Problem is that I’ve only got 25mm to play with before the fork gets wider for the bottom yoke.

or i go and lift the forks by one ring (5mm ish) and that’ll clear it, and i can fit the ses parts.

Any cheating possible, with say a little do da on the top head bearing.. lifting the yoke.. keeping the forks in the same place, creating a bit of room?

Any steeringlock to worry about..?

Any exposed thread on the top yoke nut?

Edited by TLRS
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TLRS said:

Any cheating possible, with say a little do da on the top head bearing.. lifting the yoke.. keeping the forks in the same place, creating a bit of room?

Any steeringlock to worry about..?

Any exposed thread on the top yoke nut?

Didn’t think of that. Nice one holmes.

• Like 1

okey dokey.. so realistically even with lifting the top yoke I'm going to need a 25-27mm clamp.

the flare from 50mm to 54mm is too  high up the fork leg.

Looks like a set of fg43 axial suzuki srad / k series might be going up for sale soon.

ta muchly all,

Moto46 came good and the Robbymoto stuff looks just the ticket and is narrow enough to allow me to mount it above or below the yokes without looking wierd, so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow as he needs to have a rummage in the back of his van to see if he's got any spare - apparently all the triumph 675 boys love a bit of them and have cleaned him out of his shop stock for the next two weeks.

4 hours ago, sev said:

ta muchly all,

Moto46 came good and the Robbymoto stuff looks just the ticket and is narrow enough to allow me to mount it above or below the yokes without looking wierd, so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow as he needs to have a rummage in the back of his van to see if he's got any spare - apparently all the triumph 675 boys love a bit of them and have cleaned him out of his shop stock for the next two weeks.

They’re a good company to deal with and have always been helpful, I’ve had my cordona Qs’s  from them and a few sets of clipons.

6 hours ago, TLRS said:

Come on, they won’t fit.. they’ll be frail.. move on..!

How much for the forks? :vulture:

2 bags of sand might prise them out of my clammy paws as they've been fully serviced and ting.  Naturally I'd sweeten the deal with some extra gubbins.

2 hours ago, TLRS said:

Sold! ;)

You’re kidding right?

however if you’re not, and you want the bst rims as well…

Round it up to 4 bags and i could be tempted to throw in the harris srad steering damper setup and harris rearsets as well..

• Haha 1