Jump to content

How things work: carburettor


MonkeyJim
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spotted this on Reddit, in engineering porn (which is quite a good thread)

I thought this was very good.  I can even excuse the Americanisms 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, theo said:

OH FUCK OFF WILL YA!!!!!

THEY DONT FUCK WORK PROPERLY, THEY NEVER HAVE.

First sign of an EMP and all you early adopters are fucked.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Superdunc said:

First sign of an EMP and all you early adopters are fucked.

Your ignition module on your carbed bike will be fried too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jaycee said:

Your ignition module on your carbed bike will be fried too

The magneto will be fine though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, theo said:

OH FUCK OFF WILL YA!!!!!

THEY DONT FUCK WORK PROPERLY, THEY NEVER HAVE.

How does your MX bike work then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carbs look cool.  

A 38mm Mikuni,  a 45 DCOE Webber,  4150 Holley.

I know with a jet kit,  a vacuum gauge and a timing light I can make pretty much any Holley work on any 6 or 8 cylinder engine.

I know how to turn on a laptop and find porn....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Timbo S2 said:

How does your MX bike work then?

Fuckin badly. Awful shite. Imagine how much power it'd make with a pair of lovely injectors in there. 

@MonkeyJim, now Ive watched it properly its a great video, even with their super basic carb its really interesting seeing the fuel and air behaviour. 

Still complete shite as a fueling solution, but I suppose when you accept that most people around the world are religious, then its easy to see that most cant see the wood for the trees anyways....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theo said:

Fuckin badly. Awful shite. Imagine how much power it'd make with a pair of lovely injectors in there. 

@MonkeyJim, now Ive watched it properly its a great video, even with their super basic carb its really interesting seeing the fuel and air behaviour. 

Still complete shite as a fueling solution, but I suppose when you accept that most people around the world are religious, then its easy to see that most cant see the wood for the trees anyways....

Its like gammons and their RGV/ LC/ KR1S that are the best bikes ever built!!

The video is good and shows how they work and is interesting to watch, but as you say its old and antiquated. Well all know the best stuff is injected, just look at drugs new injection systems......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...