Jump to content

Because fukkit.


hawkati

Recommended Posts

hawkati
1 hour ago, Basil said:

No hammer? am totes du disappointe...  

The exception proves the rule...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Basil
3 hours ago, hawkati said:

The exception proves the rule...

Ahhh so the next exhaust is going to resemble this...

supernova.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
jollygiant

That's almost looking like a motorsykle, please remove it from the forum and don't bring it back until you've 'persuaded' back into  pile of bits with your medium stick of knocking.....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, HOGG said:

Collected the ldu motorcycle on the infamous homemade trailer and arrived home in one piece....

20201223-125213-copy-1734x2312.jpg

And home, soaking wet

20201223-131323-copy-1734x2312.jpg

 

And finally, the keys now!

20201223-132531-copy-1734x2312.jpg

<£300!?? For a cbr! I have no idea where these things are hiding- anywhere I look we’re talking Chinese 125s or pit bikes for the money. Good find sir👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, HOGG said:

Collected the ldu motorcycle on the infamous homemade trailer and arrived home in one piece....

20201223-125213-copy-1734x2312.jpg

And home, soaking wet

20201223-131323-copy-1734x2312.jpg

 

And finally, the keys now!

20201223-132531-copy-1734x2312.jpg

<£300!?? For a cbr! I have no idea where these things are hiding- anywhere I look we’re talking Chinese 125s or pit bikes for the money. Good find sir👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
ssray
19 minutes ago, keke said:

<£300!?? For a cbr! I have no idea where these things are hiding- anywhere I look we’re talking Chinese 125s or pit bikes for the money. Good find sir👏

They pop up, that one was sold on the priviso that it was used for ldu, Facebook marketplace seems quite good, I have 3 under £500 on my watch list

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ssray said:

They pop up, that one was sold on the priviso that it was used for ldu, Facebook marketplace seems quite good, I have 3 under £500 on my watch list

I’m probably not looking hard enough as my plan is to sort the p.o.s. Gpx that last time wouldn’t take a steady load below 6,000rom so knackered the chain so it was dragging on the floor by the time I nursed it home

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
hawkati

Slowly but shirley getting there. Using a careful blend of psychology and extreme violence I've got the engine a little nearer the optimum position. 

Honourable mention has to go to PB/PS for their series of slinging a gixxrrrr turbot into a zx7r. One month they go into just enough detail regarding mounting the engine correctly and that's proved very very useful. Cheers @PBChris & @johnnymack63.

Combination of angle grinder and a bastard rasp has brought the engine up a lot more towards a decent position and I only stopped because I ran out of daylight. About 5 degrees more upward tilt and then I'll be making some engine mounts. Got sufficient stainless steel 3mm plate to double up on all the mounts. Should do it.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Damnthistinleg
On 2/9/2021 at 7:16 PM, ssray said:

They pop up, that one was sold on the priviso that it was used for ldu, Facebook marketplace seems quite good, I have 3 under £500 on my watch list

It was indeed but things seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front. :eusa_think:

Link to post
Share on other sites
hawkati
14 minutes ago, Damnthistinleg said:

It was indeed but things seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front. :eusa_think:

Possibly because there's a limited number of spaces and people who signed up last year but couldn't do it have priority. After yay amount of time then it's open to the rest of us and it's a bunfight to sign up & sling a deposit down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jollygiant
16 hours ago, hawkati said:

About 5 degrees more upward tilt and then I'll be making some engine mounts. Got sufficient stainless steel 3mm plate to double up on all the mounts. Should do it.

Come on man, we all know cable ties will sort any mounting difference out and there won't be enough power from the engine to worry about stretching the ties under acceleration with the copious amounts of torque!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderbolt
1 hour ago, Damnthistinleg said:

It was indeed but things seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front. :eusa_think:

HOGGWash is an interesting word.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ssray

I have removed myself from the riders list, furlough and still not allowed to go to work!!! 

Planning on assisting at a pitstop flapjacks at the ready,may even make some fresh ones

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
hawkati
35 minutes ago, ssray said:

I have removed myself from the riders list, furlough and still not allowed to go to work!!! 

Planning on assisting at a pitstop flapjacks at the ready,may even make some fresh ones

Flaps are always welcome but sorry you can't do the run...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

....some progress but not enough. I'm bloody good with an angle grinder, even subtle so it became a game of drop engine,  shave 2mm off frame castings, raise engine,  measure, drop engine,  shave 1 mm etc. 

...and I'm almost there. I've got some stainless steel plates which should be just fine for front engine mounts. Measured up & drilled....and drilled..and drilled. Fucking hell - tougher than old boots. Fukkered a couple of drill bits so zoomed off to get a set of bosch drill bits thinking maybe my all singing & dancing drill bits bought online are actually made of cheese. Nope - still took forever to create two holes and then it started raining. Double fukkit. There's always tomorrow...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawkati said:

....some progress but not enough. I'm bloody good with an angle grinder, even subtle so it became a game of drop engine,  shave 2mm off frame castings, raise engine,  measure, drop engine,  shave 1 mm etc. 

...and I'm almost there. I've got some stainless steel plates which should be just fine for front engine mounts. Measured up & drilled....and drilled..and drilled. Fucking hell - tougher than old boots. Fukkered a couple of drill bits so zoomed off to get a set of bosch drill bits thinking maybe my all singing & dancing drill bits bought online are actually made of cheese. Nope - still took forever to create two holes and then it started raining. Double fukkit. There's always tomorrow...

Cutting paste is your friend

That tin will last you years

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hawkati said:

....some progress but not enough. I'm bloody good with an angle grinder, even subtle so it became a game of drop engine,  shave 2mm off frame castings, raise engine,  measure, drop engine,  shave 1 mm etc. 

...and I'm almost there. I've got some stainless steel plates which should be just fine for front engine mounts. Measured up & drilled....and drilled..and drilled. Fucking hell - tougher than old boots. Fukkered a couple of drill bits so zoomed off to get a set of bosch drill bits thinking maybe my all singing & dancing drill bits bought online are actually made of cheese. Nope - still took forever to create two holes and then it started raining. Double fukkit. There's always tomorrow...

All that and no mention of the mighty thor to hand at any point 😏

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
hawkati
50 minutes ago, firebeast said:

All that and no mention of the mighty thor to hand at any point 😏

No way am I shouting "I'm thor!" in case you think I've got a lisp and fronting a gay metal band...😱

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
firebeast
On 2/26/2021 at 6:45 PM, hawkati said:

No way am I shouting "I'm thor!" in case you think I've got a lisp and fronting a gay metal band...😱

You did say you were worked on a good few of those type of gigs though, correct? 😏

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
hawkati
3 minutes ago, firebeast said:

You did say you were worked on a good few of those type of gigs though, correct? 😏

a lifetime of mixing bands. It's resulted in quite a deep seated loathing of musicians and, with the two bands i play in, a strong sense of revenge as motivation to play, muhahhahhahaaaa!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...