• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gobert

• ovi

• Evilchicken0

• Basil

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dovizioso on a Honda? Someone please have first responders on standby to conduct a wellness check on poor fontyyyyy if it gets announced.

Can you do this with your arms Marc? Didn't think so. Twat.

Alexa, show me 'imminent disappointment '.

Posted Images

hawkati

You remember that race where he started right at the back and won?

That's his mindset, all of the time - the greater the challenge the more he loves it.

Provided he's staged a full recovery it will be full on win it or bin it as he plays catch up. There's nothing whatsoever he would relish more than to return several races in and still win everything. 

• Like 4
millerich
36 minutes ago, ovi said:

Doesn't seem a good start for Marc Marquez

That doesn’t sound good at all. Marc’s arm could be the new Hutchy’s leg. Fingers crossed for him. 

Evilchicken0

Dovi back at honda ??? I guess but then that would be if MM can't ride again. I'd guess they'll use Bradl again for the first race then see where they are but MM has 3 years left on his contract. 

trident_special

Dovizioso on a Honda? Someone please have first responders on standby to conduct a wellness check on poor fontyyyyy if it gets announced.

• Haha 14
Elohesra
On 12/3/2020 at 10:53 PM, millerich said:

That doesn’t sound good at all. Marc’s arm could be the new Hutchy’s leg. Fingers crossed for him. 

Oh, I thought it was just his arm.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
ZXRRDave

Motogp site article on Gresini

So Gresini are returning to independent team status and signed for 22-26 seasons, no longer aprilia factory team. 

Suzuki satellite squad possibly?

The fact little brother's Avintia Ducati has already been presented in full sky vr46 colours would suggest Valentino will be taking over there by the looks of things. 

• Like 1
Alpinestarhero
On 12/3/2020 at 10:18 PM, hawkati said:

You remember that race where he started right at the back and won?

That's his mindset, all of the time - the greater the challenge the more he loves it.

Provided he's staged a full recovery it will be full on win it or bin it as he plays catch up. There's nothing whatsoever he would relish more than to return several races in and still win everything. 

And with one arm sort of tied behind his back maybe. 

• Haha 1
Evilchicken0
21 minutes ago, ZXRRDave said:

Motogp site article on Gresini

So Gresini are returning to independent team status and signed for 22-26 seasons, no longer aprilia factory team. 

Suzuki satellite squad possibly?

The fact little brother's Avintia Ducati has already been presented in full sky vr46 colours would suggest Valentino will be taking over there by the looks of things. 

So, no more Aprilia.

Toneale
15 minutes ago, Evilchicken0 said:

So, no more Aprilia.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Development of the bike hit a brick wall after Gigi left and with the exception of the odd noteable effort by Asapragus the elder its not had any decent results, (its good over a lap ot two but nothing longer).

Nobody wants to ride it, (except bradders), with the gravel badger preferring to retire and Dovi preffering to sit out the year.

Unless the factory effort gets some much needed funding from the suits at piagio and unless they can find another Gigi to give the develolment some direction then it could well be that next season will be the swan song for the Aprillia effort.

ZXRRDave

It could just be that aprilia are dropping Gresini to field a full in house effort, although the likelihood of them walking away now KTM have soundly cemented themselves as a competitive effort in fewer seasons is more probable I'd expect. 

FlatTel

Grseini obvs want the sat suzi's, but so do a number of others. Petronas are apparently sniffing around, and may gazump them, which frees the sat yams just in time for them to be VR run. Leaves Gresini to have sat Ape's (who apparently are going no-where and want to have 4 bikes out - having seen the advantage KTM got from it) or Ducs. Poor Fausto.

wfc-james

Aprilia will look at Kawasaki having a lot of success in WSBK and remember their WSBK success fondly.

they've spent a lot of time and money trying to get somewhere in Moto1gp and they do not seem to be improving.

Having to try and persuade riders to come with them opting to stay in moto2 shows how lacking their package is.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wfc-james said:

Aprilia will look at Kawasaki having a lot of success in WSBK and remember their WSBK success fondly.

they've spent a lot of time and money trying to get somewhere in Moto1gp and they do not seem to be improving.

Having to try and persuade riders to come with them opting to stay in moto2 shows how lacking their package is.

Could well be

Kawasaki left motogp because of the staggering costs with no return as such, threw way less money at WSBK with good effect, folks will rightly or wrongly say, pah, WSBK, however, who remember the runners up in motogp a few years down the line

Rob

Gobert
5 hours ago, Toneale said:

Wouldn't surprise me.

Development of the bike hit a brick wall after Gigi left and with the exception of the odd noteable effort by Asapragus the elder its not had any decent results, (its good over a lap ot two but nothing longer).

Nobody wants to ride it, (except bradders), with the gravel badger preferring to retire and Dovi preffering to sit out the year.

Unless the factory effort gets some much needed funding from the suits at piagio and unless they can find another Gigi to give the develolment some direction then it could well be that next season will be the swan song for the Aprillia effort.

I can't agree...... Aleix finished around 15 secs behind the winner around half a dozen times this year........ in the dry. It might be the "worst" bike on the grid but it's one of the best race bikes we've ever seen.

Edited by Gobert
  • Like 2
Toneale
17 minutes ago, Gobert said:

I can't agree...... Aleix finished around 15 secs behind the winner around half a dozen times this year........ in the dry. It might be the "worst" bike on the grid but it's one of the best race bikes we've ever seen.

It may well be a brilliant race bike, but the issue is that it is the worst bike on the grid and nobody wants to ride it.

If the atmosphere of the team is as toxic as the press would have us believe then they are never going to be able to atrract the top talent they need to win races and/or the championship.

Gobert
2 minutes ago, Toneale said:

It may well be a brilliant race bike, but the issue is that it is the worst bike on the grid and nobody wants to ride it.

If the atmosphere of the team is as toxic as the press would have us believe then they are never going to be able to atrract the top talent they need to win races and/or the championship.

but you said the development of the bike stopped years ago when Gigi left...........it's actually made a good step forward in that time. As I've posted before, their biggest issue is funding and being able to run 2 bikes as they need to be run.(obviously not how they ran Scott and Sam)

• Like 1
Just now, Toneale said:

Something's obviously amiss with that team, VR46 vetoed Bezzecchi riding it, you'd think a factory MotoGP effort would be tramp on hot chips stuff when deciding where to put one of your academy riders. The paddock is a small place; so something's not endearing itself to riders/team managers.

2 minutes ago, Gobert said:

but you said the development of the bike stopped years ago when Gigi left...........it's actually made a good step forward in that time. As I've posted before, their biggest issue is funding and being able to run 2 bikes as they need to be run.(obviously not how they ran Scott and Sam)

It does seem a Poundland version of Repsol Honda years with Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden, Hayden was given all the cast offs Dani didn't like and yet still did equal the development dog work of parts geared towards Dani winning the title. Nicky winning it wasn't in HRC/Puig script.

FlatTel
3 minutes ago, Basil said:

VR46 vetoed Bezzecchi riding it

That likely had more to do with not losing both race-winning riders from the moto2 team in one go tbh.
Bez is (rightly) favourite for the champ next year, which gives Vietti a year to get up to speed with little pressure. Running 2  newcomers in the team helps noone

• Like 1
Toneale
12 minutes ago, Gobert said:

My statement was probably a little unfair to Aprillia. But how much of that improvement is Aspargus the elder and how much is down to bike improvements?

They do seem to be lost development wise and have no direction.

Ducati had the same ussue before they pulled Gigi in. IIRC one of the first things he did was a root and branch restructure of the racing division so he could implement the changes needed to develop the bike into a cometetive machine.

Gobert
1 minute ago, Toneale said:

My statement was probably a little unfair to Aprillia. But how much of that improvement is Aspargus the elder and how much is down to bike improvements?

They do seem to be lost development wise and have no direction.

Ducati had the same ussue before they pulled Gigi in. IIRC one of the first things he did was a root and branch restructure of the racing division so he could implement the changes needed to develop the bike into a cometetive machine.

I think Gigi did a good job at Ducati but that's gone a bit backwards this year compared with it's rivals. Aprilia losing Crazy Joe was a big blow as he brought both real talent and money.

• Like 1