Jump to content

Name that reed block


johnnymack63
 Share

Recommended Posts

Reed block on the left is RGV250, reed block on the right......is not.

Need a reed block to replace the imposter, and also to sell the imposter.
 

But what is it from ?

 

318B6DCC-DCE9-49A4-8F04-50D5547E41F9.jpeg

AE0924DF-CE65-401C-819D-7D8CC88828D9.jpeg

3E02F0CC-2BA0-44A4-B342-F2599F4D2557.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bram43 said:

I’ll bet you a packet of Monster Munch that it’s off a early 90’s CR125. 

Don’t think it is. Can’t find a reed block with 4 screws holding the sides on for any vintage CR125.

Its bigger than the RGV reed block block so my crude logic wonders if it’s for a 250 single?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

Don’t think it is. Can’t find a reed block with 4 screws holding the sides on for any vintage CR125.

Its bigger than the RGV reed block block so my crude logic wonders if it’s for a 250 single?

I wasn’t too sure and I just passed it onto to a mate who think it looks like it could be an old cr250, but not oem. He was wondering the size too. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've thought about this a bit more: I wonder if they're TZR250 2XT. I know they're eight-petal. Buggered if I can find a picture of one though, they're so rare. Perhaps one @Tom Mac might know?

Edited by PBChris
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, PBChris said:

I've thought about this a bit more: I wonder if they're TZR250 2XT. I know they're eight-petal. Buggered if I can find a picture of one though, they're so rare. Perhaps one @Tom Mac might know?

Ooh, good shout! Is it worth spending £4 (or mithering the shit out of the seller to measure it ( :tacheemoticonwh7: )  for you*) to find out?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-TZR-250-2MA-1KT-2XT-2XW-TDR-1986-1992-Reed-Valve-Gasket/362768413530?hash=item5476aeb35a:g:hVQAAOSweB9dj2s1

* all right bud m8 pal ive got a ninja n wanderd if this gixah bit mite fit m8 m8 pal bud lol m8

Edited by Kayla
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Ooh, good shout! Is it worth spending £4 (or mithering the shit out of the seller to measure it ( :tacheemoticonwh7: )  for you*) to find out?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-TZR-250-2MA-1KT-2XT-2XW-TDR-1986-1992-Reed-Valve-Gasket/362768413530?hash=item5476aeb35a:g:hVQAAOSweB9dj2s1

* all right bud m8 pal ive got a ninja n wanderd if this gixah bit mite fit m8 m8 pal bud lol m8

Someone on our Facebook page found a set on a Japanese auction site: I was right, 2XT.

 ***goes off to make nasally noises of smugness***

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PBChris said:

I've thought about this a bit more: I wonder if they're TZR250 2XT. I know they're eight-petal. Buggered if I can find a picture of one though, they're so rare. Perhaps one @Tom Mac might know?

If you want absolute confirmation i can dig out my box of 2xt spares and measure a reedblock for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tom Mac said:

If you want absolute confirmation i can dig out my box of 2xt spares and measure a reedblock for you. 

D'ya want another one for your collection ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...