Oil thread + Banshee motors

wildebeest90210

I just changed from 30:1 927 castor to 40:1 Motul 800 ester core. I built a 421 4 mil serval cub on a 1EL case and put it in a bike frame. Interested in oil that works and smells just fine and other banshee builds in the UK.

Warming mine up today after oil change and clutch change and using 105 octane fuel.

Edited by wildebeest90210
  • Like 6

Maxima super m is the best two stroke oil I've found for consistency at all rev ranges and temperatures. I've run it in everything from rgv250s to kx65s. Nothing smells as good as 927 but it's a bit of a prick of an oil really.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Motorex here.  It was recommended to me by the shop I bought the beta off.  I got a deal on 5 litres and it lasted me a couple years. A mate bought 20 litres , I think that was the amount, a lot anyway. he sold me another 5 litres cheap.

It works I think, my bike is still going at 115 hours without the head coming off.

The guy I ride with way back,  had a 2011 KTM 300, he got a heap of 2T oil with the bike. He used the Motorex up first and following him was no drama on single trail. Then he switched to the Motul he that came with the bike.  There was more smoke. Like, quite a significant difference. 

It was like: Ian, that think is smoking like a second hand stove eh.

Then he says yeah I had a bit of Motorex on hand but the bike came with a shitload of Motul so ( Ian is tight as )  so I am using that up.  It was like night and day.  

Mind you,  he and all the guys I ride with mix their oil and fuel, my bike does it for me.

• 2 months later...

Was wondering about this myself. On my trials bike (Sherco 125) I've been using Ipone at 50:1 as recommended by my Sherco dealer trials buddy, it's always been a heavy smoker. I decoked it about a year ago and have only ridden a few hours since. I had to take the exhaust off to bleed the rear brake...(trials bikes, don't you just love them) and the exhaust contains a lot of black oily liquid. Looking on the Sherco website they recommend 60:1 across the board for all their trials engines, so I'm going to try going leaner and switching oil brand. I'm going to try using 99 octane fuel too (Shell V Power) instead of Asda 95 cheapo stuff too.

Any oil recommendations?

On 2/17/2020 at 4:52 AM, blow_away said:

Was wondering about this myself. On my trials bike (Sherco 125) I've been using Ipone at 50:1 as recommended by my Sherco dealer trials buddy, it's always been a heavy smoker. I decoked it about a year ago and have only ridden a few hours since. I had to take the exhaust off to bleed the rear brake...(trials bikes, don't you just love them) and the exhaust contains a lot of black oily liquid. Looking on the Sherco website they recommend 60:1 across the board for all their trials engines, so I'm going to try going leaner and switching oil brand. I'm going to try using 99 octane fuel too (Shell V Power) instead of Asda 95 cheapo stuff too.

Any oil recommendations?

That black stuff is unburnt oil that comes from too rich jetting and not enough ignition advance. Its nothing to do with oil ratios

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1