• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• barryj

• lorenzo

• srad34

• Flerbizky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So started the ball rolling on Mrs P tonight. Sent her the ad for the FZR. "It looks like fucking Barbie's bike! Look, it's even got a pink handbag. Is this you coming out before the baby arrives

Posted Images

Ian_H
53 minutes ago, Get_some said:

What about this k3 thou that won the tt, but has had a swat ubjt with pillion pegs and headlight reattached? 

Seems odd, sorry the app doesn't let me link directly 

or buy it here for £3k less - http://suprememotos.com/suzuki/43140-isle-of-man-tt-race-winner-suzuki-gsxr-1000-k3-ridden-by-shaun-harris-2003.html

Toneale

So, you own an "allegedly" brand new zero miles 1992 Fireblade, what do you do to advertise it.

Do you:

i) take lots of detailed photos showing the pristine nature of all of the components and how well it has been kept over the last 29 years with a well written ad describing what you have? or:

ii) Wheel the bike out into a muddy yard, take a few shit quality photos write a short "I know what I have" type of advert?

Obviously we'll look past the obvious signs of use like the key marks on the top yoke, the fact that the white writing on the ignition barrel seems to have worn away, the signs of wear on the under tray, those being the things obvious from the shit photos. I suspect a closer inspection will show even more signs of use as well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-fire-bladebrand-new/27022643

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
Versatile

But the riders seat and the pillion aren't the same colour. I'm sure Honda wouldn't let that little detail get passed them.

• Haha 2
srad34
3 hours ago, Toneale said:

So, you own an "allegedly" brand new zero miles 1992 Fireblade, what do you do to advertise it.

Do you:

i) take lots of detailed photos showing the pristine nature of all of the components and how well it has been kept over the last 29 years with a well written ad describing what you have? or:

ii) Wheel the bike out into a muddy yard, take a few shit quality photos write a short "I know what I have" type of advert?

Obviously we'll look past the obvious signs of use like the key marks on the top yoke, the fact that the white writing on the ignition barrel seems to have worn away, the signs of wear on the under tray, those being the things obvious from the shit photos. I suspect a closer inspection will show even more signs of use as well.

0 mile speedo, used bike bruv. That's never brand new.....

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1
Toneale
1 hour ago, srad34 said:

The only thing brand new on the bike is the speedo i'd wager. 

• Haha 1
scrappy600
1 hour ago, srad34 said:

TFmKN2E.jpg

OmFmQfG.jpg

Hmmmmm. So he's got 3 ads in total on Donedeal....1 to sell his 200,000 mile beemer and 1 looking for a toolbox..... both ads have the same phone number to contact......

lQKeOZ6.jpg

But his 'brand new fireblade requires a different mobile number to be called than his other ads? Hmmmm. Burner phone much?

Something smells fishy and I'm not talking about baldricks Apple Crumble

Edited by scrappy600
  • Like 4
trackdaybob
2 minutes ago, scrappy600 said:

TFmKN2E.jpg

OmFmQfG.jpg

Hmmmmm. So he's got 3 ads in total on Donedeal....1 to sell his 200,000 mile beemer and 1 looking for a toolbox..... both ads have the same phone number to contact......

lQKeOZ6.jpg

But his 'brand new fireblade requires a different mobile number to be called than his other ads? Hmmmm. Burner phone much?

Something smells fishy and I'm not talking about baldricks Apple Crumble

poirot.jpg.a90c1632d9581a6580e70c2893ca8c40.jpg

• Haha 5
scrappy600

I also love the irony in him selling his 200,000 mile bmw 'due to lack of use' 

Mate I think that's one of the biggest cases of overuse you could have!

• Haha 2
Flerbizky
19 hours ago, Versatile said:

But the riders seat and the pillion aren't the same colour. I'm sure Honda wouldn't let that little detail get passed them.

Not to get all technical and stuff, but Google "1992 Fireblade", and that does look like the standard colors. (I thought I remembered, but Google confirmed)

• Confused 1
srad34
4 hours ago, Flerbizky said:

Not to get all technical and stuff, but Google "1992 Fireblade", and that does look like the standard colors. (I thought I remembered, but Google confirmed)

That suckered you in then!

trackdaybob
4 hours ago, CRM said:

Fack 😮 deep pockets anyone ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254844812890?ul_noapp=true

Can have mine in equally good condition with some miles under its belt and usable for half that price*

* i really wouldn't bother though

Craigshonda.....???

Fuckin everything in that shop is about £30000+ too expensive :lol: 

I'm surprised they sell anything. 

hawkati
On 1/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, Toneale said:

Do you:

....first thing i noticed was the bt56 tyres, which must be around 20 years old now. :blink:

incidentally i daren't open the ebay links since all here at work use ebay and regardless of whether we're signed in or not it shows what's been looked at, with resultant merciless pisstaking...

Tony Nitrous
On 1/27/2021 at 3:13 AM, Gix said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brusch-Mopetta-Replica-microcar-bubblecar/124541440692

Is there anything crying out for something like a vtr thou engine more than this ? IL4 would be too wide

Keep it true the the original 2-stroke ringa-ding-ding single.

A CR500 or KX500 should fix it.

lorenzo
6 hours ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Keep it true the the original 2-stroke ringa-ding-ding single.

A CR500 or KX500 should fix it.

You've got no ambition, have you?

And yes, those things that you could fit your head into, just on the inside of the fuel tank, they are the throttle bodies.

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1
Tony Nitrous
2 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

You've got no ambition, have you?

And yes, that thing that you could fit your head into, just on the inside of the drivers side radiator, that is the throttle body.

Yeah, I saw a few posts on that build. 

I was thinking more stealth. When everyone is laughing at the funny little car, you gun the hidden CR500 and take off like the roadrunner with his arse on fire.  

jaycee
1 hour ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Yeah, I saw a few posts on that build. 

I was thinking more stealth. When everyone is laughing at the funny little car, you gun the hidden CR500 and rip the spokes out of the hubs 

Reality

• Haha 1
Ian_H
On 1/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, Gix said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brusch-Mopetta-Replica-microcar-bubblecar/124541440692

Is there anything crying out for something like a vtr thou engine more than this ? IL4 would be too wide

this is similar but fitted with a CBR250 engine :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISETTA-REPLICA-BUBBLE-CAR-TRI-TECH-ZETTA-HONDA-CBR250RR-ENGINE/284148718106

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
firebeast
12 minutes ago, Ian_H said:

It will obviously rev its tits off, but not with any flatslide carbs, more the standard CV ones it's clearly fitted with.. 

• Haha 1