We Really Should Have Dedicated Thread For Ebay "gems"

Superdunc

Flerbizky
On 1/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, Kaos Theory said:

Following on from the 'If money was no object' thread, I'd buy that in a heartbeat, for the asking price, simply just to turn up at a classic car trackday and watch the Ford Fanatics cream in their under crackers at the sight of it, then vomit on the spot soon as I revealed the Honda internals, I'd then powerslide away, leaving them standing there, covered in their own puke and sailor sauce.

The more I think about it, the better an idea it is. Think about it: 2 liter NA pushing 240Bhp revving to 9K. It's not so very different from BDA - but will do it all day and still get you home..

I fucking love that car.

(Just change the interior to classic brown 70s Ford and I'm happy.

Edited by Flerbizky
  • Like 2
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• barryj

• lorenzo

• srad34

• Flerbizky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So started the ball rolling on Mrs P tonight. Sent her the ad for the FZR. "It looks like fucking Barbie's bike! Look, it's even got a pink handbag. Is this you coming out before the baby arrives

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Recurring nightmare..........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282821417959

Oh FFS, somebody please test ride this an accidentally destroy it...

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1
Gammaboy
On 1/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, Flerbizky said:

The more I think about it, then better an idea it is. Think about it: 2 liter NA pushing 240Bhp revving to 9K. It's not so very different from BDA - but will do it all day and still get you home..

As long as you keep topping the oil up between services... there was a spate of fucked ones where the owners ran them out of oil between servicing - "Why should i need to check the oil on a modern car?"

Flerbizky
9 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

As long as you keep topping the oil up between services... there was a spate of fucked ones where the spacktard owners ran them out of oil between servicing - "Why should i need to check the oil on a modern car?"

Fixed free of charge.

I'm pretty sure most of us here would know by heart, that anything that revs higher than your grandpas old tractor running on cooking oil will need oil changes and topping up ;) 

People who buy something that revs to 9K and does not know how to look after it deserve it. It's not a friggin' Yaris.

Edited by Flerbizky
lorenzo
9 minutes ago, Flerbizky said:

Fixed free of charge.

I'm pretty sure most of us here would know by heart, that anything that revs higher than your grandpas old tractor running on cooking oil will need oil changes and topping up ;) 

People who buy something that revs to 9K and does not know how to look after it deserve it. It's not a friggin' Yaris.

Am I right in saying that at the time it came out it put out the most bhp per litre of any normally aspirated car going? It's not going to be fit & forget, is it?

ZXRRDave
54 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Am I right in saying that at the time it came out it put out the most bhp per litre of any normally aspirated car going? It's not going to be fit & forget, is it?

I believe that's a record held by red top type R motors in a variety of configurations for quite a few years.

• Like 2
lorenzo
9 minutes ago, ZXRRDave said:

I believe that's a record held by red top type R motors in a variety of configurations for quite a few years.

Just doing some googling, it seems that there was a Jap only nissan pulsar (vz-r n1), a 1600, with 200hp and was out before the S2000, which takes the title for non-exotics. There's a fair few italian & german supercar engines that sneak above it, but they'll be making power rather than torque/litre as they've got enough litres to be playing with I guess. Obviously, bike engined kit cars beat them all comfortably.

• Like 1

Bought a Passenger Side mirror for a VW T5 RHD van, a Drivers Side mirror arrived for a LHD van (different size. shape of glass) but had to fit it due to van going to Ireland, so got onto them and they ignored me so left them bad feedback. they got on to me saying they will give me a £10 refund if I change the feedback from bad to good! But I don't think you can change it, so do I take the £10 first then tell them I cant change it?;)

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, kevin..in said:

shirley a fellow could buy an er6 for say £2k and chop bits off then satin black it saving £5k there?

Surely he's after exposure and it's working like a charm..

14 hours ago, kevin..in said:

shirley a fellow could buy an er6 for say £2k and chop bits off then satin black it saving £5k there?

He nearly got all the key buzz words in the title. Should have added barn find too for the win.

ZXRRDave
7 minutes ago, 2moto said:

He nearly got all the key buzz words in the title. Should have added barn find too for the win.

That's what the advert in 5 years will add on to the listing after it's sat in a shed since the buyer found it messes up his hebtroco trousers when he rides it to the organic produce stall for his ethically farmed avocados. 

• Haha 1