We Really Should Have Dedicated Thread For Ebay "gems"

Superdunc

lorenzo
10 hours ago, Gix said:

I'm not a fan of the price for an old RF600, but I think that as a bit of fun, I like it. It's a £700 bike though.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• barryj

• lorenzo

• srad34

• Flerbizky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So started the ball rolling on Mrs P tonight. Sent her the ad for the FZR. "It looks like fucking Barbie's bike! Look, it's even got a pink handbag. Is this you coming out before the baby arrives

Posted Images

Flerbizky
10 hours ago, Gix said:

If he'd shoehorned (shouldn't there be plenty of room actually) the CBR mill in the RF and kept the rest of the bike stock looking - then I could see the point.

lorenzo

Not Ebay, but a facebook classified. I'm looking for a mini cooper S, then this little gem popped up. Seller wants £400 for the hearing aid beige, were shit when they were new in 1994, wheels...

22196275_10154734532980064_1186070086396

jaycee
2 minutes ago, phatboy said:

I've seen that before. He's definitely persistent. The price hasn't even dropped.

Gobert23
16 hours ago, srad34 said:

Oh god, this mong is about 8 miles from me,  I will set up a corden so they dont get out into the surrounding villages.... 

You might want to take a dictionary / phrase book, as English doesn't appear to be their strong point :blink:

In saying that, 'renult' (Renault?) and 'dimmer' (Dimma?) would cross French off the possibilities as well ;)

Gobert23
32 minutes ago, jaycee said:

I've seen that before. He's definitely persistent. The price hasn't even dropped.

I can't see a NOs bottle, but the owner is clearly on gas :blink:

Gobert23
59 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Not Ebay, but a facebook classified. I'm looking for a mini cooper S, then this little gem popped up. Seller wants £400 for the hearing aid beige, were shit when they were new in 1994, wheels...

22196275_10154734532980064_1186070086396

Get stock wheels for £100, take of those monstrosities and flog 'em to 'WheelWhores' for £400+?

The easy option is to knock the price down for crimes against taste...

Pugwash

Window-shopping.

Check this out...

foxy

• Like 6
.Zakalwe
16 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Window-shopping.

Check this out...

foxy

Lovely.

I'm clearly getting old...bikes of that era just look right. The  proportions are bob on.

Modern bikes either look like something from Michael Bay's imagination or are a jumble of lines, exposed pipes and have no "flow".

barryj
37 minutes ago, Gobert23 said:

You might want to take a dictionary / phrase book, as English doesn't appear to be their strong point :blink:

In saying that, 'renult' (Renault?)

Now this I don't get, but see a lot, I'm not great at shpellin but when it's written on the item that you are posting for sale and you still get it wrong?

I often see Lucky Strike liveried bikes advertised as "Lucky Stripe", the seller should be beaten to death with his own severed arm. 

• Like 1
Pugwash
18 minutes ago, .Zakalwe said:

Lovely.

I'm clearly getting old...bikes of that era just look right. The  proportions are bob on.

Modern bikes either look like something from Michael Bay's imagination or are a jumble of lines, exposed pipes and have no "flow".

I've always loved the Yam fox eye bikes.

That looks nice n clean, period correct aftermarket Micron,  those god-awful tank and bag thingies everybody had before Kriega but otherwise unmolested.

That'd be a nice thing to have.

Never going to be worth a fortune but doesn't cost one either.

Oh it's just doon in Dunoon. Might have a nosey at that.

Edited by Pugwash
  • Like 1
trackdaybob
1 hour ago, phatboy said:

Hondamaha R9!!!!!111111!!!!!!11!!one

Streetfighter cliche parts?

1. Single swinger? Check.
  2. 916 'style'  underseat exhausts? Check.
  3. Polished frame? Check.

Knob! :lol: 

• Haha 1
.Zakalwe
1 minute ago, trackdaybob said:

Streetfighter cliche parts?

1. Single swinger? Check.
  2. 916 'style'  underseat exhausts? Check.
  3. Polished frame? Check.

Knob! :lol: 

Points deducted for no knuckledusters on the footpegs, not a single bullet in sight and for having normal brake levers. The lack of sharpened points on the bar ends and fork tops is disappointing, though the blue bar ends claw back a modicum of Back Street Hero points.

A poor effort, 4/10. See me after school.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pugwash said:

Oh it's just doon in Dunoon. Might have a nosey at that.

Please do - on my behalf, i really really like that, its such a pretty bike. I would rather a minty original twin head light RWB FZR600 but i doubt i would find one in the condition i want

Pugwash
3 minutes ago, CRM said:

Please do - on my behalf, i really really like that, its such a pretty bike. I would rather a minty original twin head light RWB FZR600 but i doubt i would find one in the condition i want

I'm already looking at ferry times for Tuesday night.

It's lovely.

• Like 3
srad34
7 hours ago, jaycee said:

I know the chap that built this, in fact I remember it when it was a lovely Black RRN Fireblade, alas with gold plated rearsets!

Once it was 'streetfightered, and built to a decent standard, he crashed it a couple of times and rebuilt it again because my friend was a bit of a liability on the roads! - I told him it was up for sale again and I asked him if he would buy it back abnd he said 'No way, its tried to kill me twice already!'

EDITED TO ADD: The original clocks had about 30k on em back in about '99 when it was first built

Edited by srad34
srad34
6 minutes ago, heds954 said:

Have you bid on it then? :D

Nah, Mrs srad pulled rank and twisted a bollock. I took this sound advice and unwatched the heap of shite.....

heds954
27 minutes ago, srad34 said:

Nah, Mrs srad pulled rank and twisted a bollock. I took this sound advice and unwatched the heap of shite.....

Spoilsport... <_<

• Sad 1
Pugwash

So started the ball rolling on Mrs P tonight. Sent her the ad for the FZR.

"It looks like fucking Barbie's bike! Look, it's even got a pink handbag. Is this you coming out before the baby arrives? There better be something nice coming my way gayboy."

Permission granted.

:lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 12