Aprilia RS257

wazrs257

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, rs125plus said:

good to see its still going !

Yes, it's now been used on the road, track days, raced and dyno'd, it's been the most reliable two stroke I've ever owned!

10 minutes ago, wazrs257 said:

Yes, it's now been used on the road, track days, raced and dyno'd, it's been the most reliable two stroke I've ever owned!

Never say this and never say "Yep, it's pulling really strong everywhere, runs just perfect!":D

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jenny Pryde said:

Never say this and never say "Yep, it's pulling really strong everywhere, runs just perfect!":D

It would be the excuse I need to have Ian work some magic on it. While I was there he showed me the curve for an engine he's just done, putting out 15bhp more than mine!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Completely forgot to post this. It's not going to set the world on fire, but the old girl's always there ready for some fun!

49216475391_c8086b81ac_b.jpg

Ian's had 70 from some of his 257s, at slightly lower revs than this. That must be a bit mad to drive! :beerchug:

• Like 1

This sort of thing would be a welcome inclusion to the 'In Your Shed' pages of the mag, if you had a moment to drop me a pic and some summarising waffle over on email...

There was another 257 hybrid at Cadwell for our trackday that I can only presume blew up/crashed very early on Sunday, but in an AF1 chassis in stock colours. Saw it on Saturday evening at noise testing, lining up for the first session and then no more.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:58 PM, 2T Institue said:

I have a PV cylinder coming from NZ so another will be built.

I tried to get hold of one, would make the transition from nothing to everything a bit smoother on track.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, 2T Institue said:

I also have a stud girdle to I can measure up for you. Has your cylinder been lowered?

My cylinder set up is exactly as it was when I bought the motor 10 years ago, on a spacer. I can't remember if the cylinder base has been machined to repair damage after welding, or it's just been raised, it's been that long since I had it apart! I'd be interested to see a drawing of that stud girdle, I've never cracker a cylinder myself, but two of my cylinders have had to be repaired in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, wazrs257 said:

Bloody hell, I've just had to rescue this from page 7! Also on the dyno at Viper racing today, graphs will be posted when Ian sends them to me.

DSC_0123DSC_0127

Is that Whitelands road?

One of my customers is on there, I have never noticed that unit but recognized the area. Now I know where there is a dyno local.

I know there is on in stockport but not long after my R1 had a camchain done and a run on it, a valve was dropped. Might be coincidence but...

• Like 1